10.5.07

Hot Fuzz Saturday!

A week and a half ago (on Saturday) I saw Hot Fuzz (I haven't yet posted a review out of laziness), so here is the review:

Hot Fuzz!:

Starring Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Timothy Dalton (yes, the fourth Bond). This is the second movie (but third project, they had a T.V. show called Spaced) from the Shaun of the Dead people (same director, Mr. Edgar Wright). Like their first movie they combine comedy with another genre, which while isn't revolutionary, the way they do it is. They completely combine it, it switches back and forth so seamlessly that it creates a whole new genre. This is a very brutal movie (maybe even more so than 300) but it is also the funniest movie I've seen since Little Miss Sunshine a year ago almost. With incredible action, laughs, actors, and everything else this gets my vote as the best film of the year (so far) and is now one of my favorite movies (#5, pushing Life Aquatic down).

*****10*****

No comments: