29.5.07

Three Movies And A Baby!

Minus the baby part.

I've recently seen three movies... The Ex, Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End, and Pan's Labyrinth...

The Ex!:

Starring Zach Braff and Jason Bateman. If you love either "Scrubs" or "Arrested Development" you won't love this movie, but you will very strongly like it. One third silly slapstick humor, one third akward silence humor (as often seen on AD), and one third drama, while the movie isn't a laugh riot, it really doesn't dissapoint at all and leaves you feeling satisfied. It did seem like they cut out a lot of stuff though, maybe a special edition DVD... eh... hopefully:

****8****

Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End!:

Starring Johny Depp, Keira Knightley, and Legolas. While POTC3 is an improvement on number 2, it still is no where near as good as the original. While this has good action and several funny moments, it sort of contradicts itself by having those two things... The majority of the humor is only appealing to younger kids (even though there are some universally appealing funny moments) but the action is too graphic for that age group. Also, POTC3 feels very cluttered, as if they rushed the editing. Overall, it's worth a see:

***6***

Pan's Labyrinth!:

Starring... uh... some... Spanish people... once again I need to see all the good movies of a year before I start making my top lists, because this would have gone on my list for last year had I seen it. PL is a fairy tale, but a very disturbing one at that (not for little kids... I've heard reports of parents hearing it's a fairy tale and showing it to their kids... BIG MISTAKE). The only reason I would say not see this film is if you are put off at the least bit of fantasy. Now another thing that makes me mad, is that a few weeks ago when I was renting someone else... I noticed that the people at Hollywood Video have to tell people this movie is in Spanish and only has English subtitles, it also made me mad when two people put this one back for that reason. Their loss on this incredibly good film... man that pissed me off that those people did that, really shows how much our intelligence is falling if we're really too lazy to read subtitles... but anyways, Pan's Labyrinth is very very good:

****9*****

Also, if anyone who reads this has an XBOX 360, pick up Viva Pinata, now... it's very very addicting.

No comments: